0

The Quezon City Police District announced Monday that it would file criminal complaints against businessman Scott Ian Yu, 36, and his employee Denmark Presto, 22, for threatening and assaulting Simplicio Retirado, 60, and Raul Mercado, 35.

According to reports by Inquirer, Yu, a Quezon City resident, was the first to be identified. He is the owner of the Mitsubishi Montero (UJQ 889) which was stopped by the traffic enforcers on April 29 for doing a counterflow on K-6 Street, a one-way road. At the time, Presto was driving the sport utility vehicle while Yu was his passenger.

The incident transpired in Barangay (village) East Kamias, Quezon City just last week.

The information given to the police showed that Yu owned a general merchandising store and a security firm in Barangay Lourdes, Quezon City, while Presto was a company driver. They were identified to be SSJohn Corp. and Firstline Security and Investigation Agency Corp. – in Sta. Mesa Heights.

Based on the footage taken by a security camera, Presto hit and pointed a gun at Retirado while aiming a kick at Mercado.

Yu, on the other hand, was the first one to take out a gun after Retirado flagged down the SUV and asked the driver to pull over. Mercado said Yu claimed to be with the Philippine Army.

Earlier, it was discovered that Yu was the registered owner of six firearms although three of these had expired licenses.

QCPD director Chief Superintendent Joel Pagdilao, one of the policemen handling the case, urged Yu and Presto to air their side.

The public is advised to contact the police immediately if any of the suspects or the vehicle are sighted.

Chief Inspector Rodel Marcelo, QCPD Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit head, said Yu and Presto “can come to his office anytime” to explain what happened.

(photos by Boy Santos of Philippine Star; suspect mugshots as per release by QCPD)

Found it interesting? Let others know.